Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Target Practice Tuesday

Yall. My B. For some reason, every time I've thought about blogging lately I have had like zero, I mean crashing in bed at 9:30 while bf does dishes/fall asleep with the lights on zero, energy! I blame cooking incredibly low carb for the bf the past couple of weeks, which in turn is lowering my carb intake more than I realize.

Plus, its also fun to blame the bf for something (else). :-)

Seriously though, I'm going to try to focus on making baby steps. I'm doing *pretty well* holding myself accountable to our plans and have so far been seeing some positive results, although the lack of energy is not one I would categorize as positive.

Baby Step #1: Target Practice Tuesday

The ladies over at Fit.Fun.Femme put up their Target Practice every Tuesday, choosing goals for life, fitness, and health for the week. I think this is a great idea, especially for Type As- like a New Years resolution without so much pressure and a way to pick/drag yourself out of a slump every week should the need arise. Particularly for me, I notice when I'm trying to control one area of my life (weight/fitness) I either go into hyper-anxiety mode about the other projects I'm not focusing on (house set up) or completely let myself go (shopping--come on I deserve this!). This seems to be a good way to bite off little pieces at a time and still be productive.

So without further ado, my first official "Target Practice Tuesday!"

Target Practice

Fitness: The bf and I have committed to making weight lifting a part of our workout routine this month. Wait...that makes it sound like we had an actual conversation about it. Let's try that again. BF and I have been going to our neighborhood Snap Fitness probably 4-5 times a week, solely lifting weights. I really like weightlifting because I like feeling strong! Sometimes a bad cardio day can make me feel the exact opposite. This week, I've decided to try the Bob Harper, 3 on 1 off routine, for my workouts. I've pegged my day off as Thursday. My goal is to get these six workouts in, because next week I hope to get back to adding in cardio so I can start back training for a 5K. I've been doing Jamie Eason Body Building Phase 1, and should finish that this month, which also calls for no cardio. I'm skeptical of the no cardio, but hey its something new to try!

Friend me and follow me- User name DancinBabe923
Health: Keep logging my calorie counts for the day. It makes it difficult when I try to experiment with new Atkins friendly recipes for the bf, but I never feel good eating and not knowing how much of what I am eating. I'm always glad that I've done it, even if I am not super enjoying the process! 

20130923_183639.jpg
I need a name for Chair. This is her in the showroom before she came home. Not a great picture- she is much happier here.

Life: Because we will be in town for the first weekend in a while, I am going to focus on getting a house project done- unpacking the home office. Bf got me a beautiful chair for my bday and my dad got me a beautiful desk when I started law school a while back, and both are sitting in that room lonely and neglected. While there are lots of fun things going on in Raleigh this weekend (Scary Carey, State Fair, UNC v. BC, Gravity IMAX, new golf clubs to try) I want to do the things I'm REALLY interested in and still allow for plenty of time to notice an improvement on the house. We are usually on the go on the weekends, which explains why since we moved in in August the house is getting set up at a snail's pace. We need to take advantage of the downtime this weekend and not fill our social calendar with things that impede making our house a home.

Do you have goals for this week? Any tips for goal making?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Bob Harper routine- I hadn't heard of a 3 on 1, so I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

    Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! Have you had your 5K yet? Bob Harper has this shirt that I want that says "3 on, 1 off" for 3 work out days followed by a rest day. Apparently its a CrossFit Mantra!

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of setting goals on Tuesday. Lets you shake off the Monday cobwebs first!

    ReplyDelete