Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Setup, Shoutouts, and ADHD workout planning

Happy Sunday yall!

One of the many great lessons I've learned from Katrina and Karena @ToneitUp is to dedicate Sundays to prepping for the week. Now sometimes (read most!) this is a bit of a PIA when the bf is watching football in various states of catnapping, but it *always* pays off and I'm so glad I've done it throughout the week. My Sunday setup involves meal planning for the week (taking into account when we will be dining out for lunch and dinner to make sure we make good choices on the other evenings when we have more control over our menu) meal prepping. The bf has just started Atkins again, which I reserve the right to write a venting blog post about later, but that means A LOT of chopping vegetables for snacks during the work day and prepping meat and cheese roll ups. This last Sunday I also prepped a chopped mix of onions and green peppers and grilled up turkey sausage so that our scrambles in the AM would be ready to go and that worked out great!

But dag nabbit. Sunday showed up again! And so here I sit, trying to enjoy the process. Though it does make it easier when you have a little snuggle bug by your side.

Of course now she acts camera shy!

Like many Type A's out there, I find myself completely over analyzing/over planning/over thinking how to *best* work out and eat right this week. If I spent a fraction of the time actually doing the things instead of reading about them, I probably would see success much more quickly. But that being said, I enjoy the research and creativity from my friends and friends I have yet to meet on the web, so I thought I'd share a few along (and work them into my Sunday Routine as well!)

Teri at A Foodie Stays Fit is a friend of a bunch of girls I went to law school with, but I have yet to meet in person unfortunately. She has such a positive attitude and an infectious smile. While there are a million things I love about her blog, one of my favorite things is the Weekender she posts, which includes fun links to articles and a recap of her workouts that week. Being someone who feels like I'm constantly worrying about how/when to work out, I enjoy seeing how other people stack their weeks and use it for motivation. So, forgive me for starting my SlimDown Challenge on Wednesday/I was in Syracuse with family Sunday and Monday/I hurt my back trapeezing and can't do much/Excuse excuse excuse, but here is mine for the past week (would love suggestions for a icon/pic for this portion of the blog!):

S: Walk with my sister 

M: None

T: Strength- Chest and Tri (Doc has not cleared me for runs at this point, but suggested working in upper body strength)

W: Walk in the AM with bf and pup

R: Strength- Back and Biceps

F: Short walk in AM with bf and pup

Sa: Legs (really feeling them this morning!) and 2.5 mi walk with bf and pup

Thanks to one of the Monday Motivations from @TIU I'm following the Jamie Eason Body Building for the time being to focus on strength training this month. I had been doing the Couch to 5K to train for my color run a few weeks ago, but wasn't really seeing the results I wanted from moderate cardio (no HITT and no strength) so I figured I'd try this for a month and see how it goes. She also says no cardio the first month while you are working on building muscle, which I'm skeptical about. 

Does the ADHD workout planning portion of the title make sense now? :-)

Check back in later today where I'll post my plan for the week, Sunday Setup tips, and another Shoutout to one of my favorite blogs. Here's a teaser:


As always, I love and live for the support and motivation of this community. Post your workout recap or Sunday Setup in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Who is this bf character? I keep waiting for Super Dan to show up.

    ReplyDelete